Friday, February 5, 2016

Foodie Friday: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn't love cookies? Especially gooey cookies. Those are my favorite.
Seriously, I can't keep them in the house. And lately I've been craving cookies or cakes or some kind of dessert. Pre-made desserts can be way expensive at the store though so homemade is the cheaper and usually yummier way to go.

Unless you're me. I have tried at least 3 different peanut butter cookie recipes and they all tasted awful. I changed the peanut butter I used, I changed the oven temperature, I even completely switched recipes. Still made yucky cookies. Then I found this recipe. And OMG it's soo good. I finally found a good peanut butter cookie recipe. And this one has the added chocolate chips! So Luke and I set about making them this morning. I changed a few things like added white chocolate chips but nothing too drastic. Here is a printable version




First, you'll need:

  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/3 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips


Next, pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F. 

Melt the butter and peanut butter in a microwave until mostly melted. I put t in for 45 seconds, stirred, and then 30 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir until they are blended together and smooth. Set aside.



In a mixing bowl, mix the cooled butter and peanut butter mixture with both sugars. Beat in the egg and single egg yolk. Stir in vanilla until all well combined. 


In a seperate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix in both chocolate chips.

Form dough into small balls and place on cookie sheets about two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are brown. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool. 




Source: Adapted from seededatthetable.com


No comments:

Post a Comment