Tuesday, March 24, 2015

10 Dos and Don'ts of Leggings

So on Tuesdays, I have decided to write fashion posts. Now I'm not the most fashion forward mom yet but I do love shoes and clothes. For this first Fashion Tuesday I am writing on leggings! 

Now I know there are tons of blog posts on how leggings are not pants and there are only a few ways to wear them, blah blah blah. Well I'm a little more lenient. I think leggings can be pants but only a few certain ways.

Enjoy!
  1. DON'T wear two different patterns. Certain patterns can be worn together but those are few and far between. So if you are not absolutely sure then it's best to follow the one pattern rule.
  2. DO wear one solid and one pattern. You can pick and choose whether to wear the pattern on the bottom or top. Just remember that if you wear patterned bottoms , to wear a matching solid top. And vice versa.                                                                                                                      
  3. DON'T make leggings an every day choice. I'm a new mom and I won't wear leggings more than twice a week. I'll strap little L in a carrier and do laundry with him just so I have clean jeans.
  4. DO have a favorite pair that you can fall back on in case you don't have any clean jeans. My favorite is the pair in the picture of #1. 
  5. DON'T go frump! Find a shapely tunic and a pair of heels. Wham bam. Leggings never looked better.                                                                                                                                              
  6. DO feel like a lady. Leggings are great in the winter when it's cold. But just because it's 10 below, (welcome to the north) doesn't mean you can't wear a dress. Leggings+dress+boots= amazingness                                                                                                                             
  7. DON'T  wear leggings that are see threw. Because if you ARE wearing leggings as pants then these are going to look awful. My rule of thumb is to not even buy these. They obviously aren't good quality and even if you're covering your behind, they won't look right after a few washes. 
  8. DO layer, layer, layer!!! I can't say it enough. Although I'm on the band wagon that certain leggings CAN be worn as pants, doesn't mean that they all should be. So....throw on a long sweater, pile on that flannel, and I can't say enough good things about statement necklaces and scarves.   
                                                                                                                                        
  9. DON'T wear your workout leggings as your everyday leggings. If you're not at the gym then they should be in your drawers.
  10. DO pair leggings with a long top and coat. Cute and perfect for fall or spring.                        
     

I hope you all enjoyed the dos and don'ts of wearing leggings! I have a Pinterest board dedicated to this post so go check it out. 

Also! Go check this blogger out! She does what Pinterest tells her to!

Remember to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and like me on Facebook and Google+. 

Are there any other dos and don'ts I left out? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment