Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year, New You!

Welcome back, everyone!

Well it's a new year. Which means new you, right? Anyone sick of that saying yet? Well I'm not sick of it! I think it's a good motivator for people that want to change something. 

People like me!

I have an entire list of New Years Resolution. I'm sure most of you do too. 

1. Get Fit!
2. Organize my life and responsibilities
3. Eat healthy (or not as much junk)
4. Blog consistently
5. Read my Bible daily
6. Enjoy as much baby/toddler snuggles as possible!

Want to know how I'm going to accomplish all these? Well my word for the year is DETERMINATION. 

Simple Definition of determination

  • : a quality that makes you continue trying to do or achieve something that is difficult

I'm a procrastinator and when things go awry I tend to give up or forget about certain things. Well with DETERMINATION, I'm not going to let that happen! (I hope)

So this is how I'm going to do each one:

1. Get Fit: well I gave up on 21 Day Fix, surprise surprise. But I have been doing yoga every morning and trying to do an exercise program in the afternoon. The afternoon workout all depends on the little one's nap schedule. 

If any of you have a newer Kindle Fire, check out the Underground apps. They have a Simply Yoga that I LOVE!



2. Organize my life and responsibilities: this one is a little trickier. With a toddler that has the temper of his father AND mother, well my days don't always go as planned. I do make sure to fit in yoga and I always cook dinner but other stuff doesn't always get done. To help with this, I am planning on making a cleaning chart and a menu board. DIY post will hopefully be done on both!

I also have some college loans that need dealt with. This causes me some of the most stress with T going to school and me staying home. But I just need to sit down and call people. Hate that, haha. If any of you have student loans and not enough finances to pay them, CALL YOUR LOAN COMPANY! Usually they work with you amazingly. 

3. Eat healthy: middle of next week starts my 3 day cleanse followed by a week of fat flush. Both these programs I found from Skinny Ms. I'll let you know how it goes but I have to tell you, it's A LOT of vegetables and no meat. T is going to be miserable. 

One way I'm drinking healthier is by drinking a Cranberry Fat Flush Water three times a day. It actually tastes really good and doesn't feel like you're forcing it. This is the "recipe" I use. It's really just cranberry juice and water.

Reference link above

4. Blog Consistently: I know I say this every time I write a post, but I really am going to try to be better about updating more often. One way I am prepping myself for this is by joining product review sites. I have been a member of Influenster for a few years but stopped participating awhile ago. And I recently joined Bzzagent. So hopefully you will be seeing some product review posts that will keep me blogging consistently.

5. Read my Bible daily: although I identify as a Catholic, I'm one of those cafeteria Catholics as I always called them. I pick and choose when I go to church and I very rarely if ever read the Bible. I want to change this though. I have but my Bible on my nightstand and have been going to bed about half and hour early so that I can read it. No solution on the church thing yet but I'll get there.

6. More baby cuddles: If you remember, my little L was a very fussy baby. Well that fussy baby has turned the big 1 years old and is now a fussy toddler. The only difference is that he can run away from me when I want to cuddle. But he is understanding so much better and will hug you if you ask for it. Kisses are rare but I'll take anything I can get. 

So these are my New Year's Resolutions and I'm hoping to stick with them past January. 

What are some of your resolutions? I'd love to hear them!

Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!




No comments:

Post a Comment